: [IP] Pump Problem

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:13:50 -0400
From: "Jath" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Pump Problem

Last night at 3:00 a.m. my MM-508 pump started beeping.  When I looked at
it, it
said, "12:00" for time and was flashing "reset pump"  I called the helpline
the guy said, "Oh that happens.  It gets a static electricity shock while
sleeping.  Just reset it."  Now this pump is less than a month old.  Is this
something that I should expect regularly?  It was a good thing I kept the
book up as it erased all the memory.  Help guy said if it happened again
24 hours to call back and they would send a replacement pump.  I am not
about this because I had to go through and reset everything, including
programming the remote.

How often has this happened to people who have a MM 508 pump?  Sounds like
kind of manufacturing defect to me, not something that you just say "it
reset it" after spending this much money.

Judi in MI
Not a defect its a static electricity discharge which clears pump memory.
keep your pump in the leather case and put a dryer sheet in with it if it
keeps happening call minimed and ask for a static reducing pump case. spot