Re: [IP] Pump Problem

email @ redacted writes:

> Nichole Johnson said she seldom used leather case for her pump & has had

Gee, does this mean we can call our daughter "Miss America" too?
LOL....Melissa always wears her 508 in her pocket without a case & has also
not had the static electricity problem. MM is well aware of the problem, and
the redesigned case is supposed to resolve it.
   I suppose the fact that MM's "release" of their new Paradigm pump has
ostensibly been postponed from August to February should be viewed as "good
news", since hopefully that means these "kinks" can be ironed out before the
pumps are in widespread use.
   Lastly, Melissa's diabetic CDE has worn all 3 pumps himself & has found
"flaws" in each of them...His bottom line: it's still a mechanical device &
consequently should never be considered "perfect"....But even with its
"idiosyncracies", a pump (whichever brand you choose) is still far superior
to my daughter's life on 4 daily shots in 1996 (in the pre-Humalog days!)
Regards, Renee (Melissa's pump mom)