RE: [IP] Re: brittle diabetics

Hi Dave:

Thx for replying.  I do monitor my b.g. at least 6 times a day, sometimes
even more.  There are no set times when my b.g. is high or low, just goes
nuts most of the time...no rhyme or reason to it.

I am once again doing the fasting thing to check my basal rates. Last time I
did that a few months ago, they were set perfect.  I am on 5 different rates
right now...

Seems insulin is peaking more like 4-5 hours after it is pumped rather than
the 2-3 hr max (humalog)....think that's a lot of the problems...was too
when I was injecting.

I used to inject 4-5 times a day and the pump is so much easier but I'm
definitely not getting any better A1C's.....and if they are lower it's
because I'm having high's and lows and the lows are averaging out the
highs...that happened two visits ago to the dr.  She saw the results and
said wonderful and I told her NOT...check my logs...then she went nuts!
Kathy B.