Dear Froggy Neck,
     I have a history of lymphatic cancer, so became alarmed when I
experienced almost the same thing.
     I was having lunch while on a cruise, and as I raised my hand to hold my
left cheek, I felt a lump the size of a lemon.  It remained the same size for
3 days, and on the fourth day, I realized that it started reducing in size.
By day six, it was gone. Of course I saw my own doctor when I got home, and
all he told me was that sometimes the glands become infected.  I thought of a
passenger and her husband who were in our company very often, and who were
sick from the first day.  I figured that the cold/virus came out on me, in
that way.  It has not happened since, but you can imagine the panic until we
     I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, but do check it out with your
doctor.  Good luck