Re: [IP] alternate day prednisone and pumping

In a message dated 8/5/01 9:54:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Yes, I noticed that feature and I plan to discuss it further with their
 As I understand it, each basal profile can be a distinct 24 hr. period.  I
 am not sure if the 3 basal profiles available on the minimed 508 work the
 same way or not.  From their materials, I got the impression that the three
 basal profiles run sequentially within the same 24 hr period.  If this is
 the case, the minimed would not be as good for this situation. >>

On the MM, you can program a different basal amount for every half hour if
you want, for a total of 48 per day. On the 508, you can set 3 different
profiles -- each of which can have 48 different settings if you want. So you
can have a profile for sedentary work days, one for hectic weekend days, one
for when you're having your period -- whatever.

Jan and Elvis