Okay, if the weirdest things don't happen to me, I don't now who they happen
to!  Here's the situation:
Yesterday I went to the pool and ate a granola bar.  As I was eating it, my
jaw felt sore but I didn't really pay attention to it that much.  When I came
home about four hours later, I had an ice cream bar and my jaw was hurting
again, right by my gland in front of my neck on the right side (the spot they
always feel when giving an exam at the doc's)...I touched it and MUCH to my
surprise, there was this HUGE lump sticking out about the size of half an
orange!  It was tender and hurt up into my ear a little bit if I bit down.
I thought about going to the ER because it was rather large, but then half an
hour later it was GONE....completely!  Strange!  Then I had some rice and as
soon as I took a bite, boom..... big orange-type thing sticking out again,
very visible to the naked eye almost even with my chin!  I waited 15 minutes
and it went down.
This has happened to me since then EVERY TIME I attempt to eat anything!  It
swells up immediately and take about 15 minutes to go down.
Has anyone ever experienced this at all?  I figured if I went to the ER it
would be down before I got there.... I'd have to bring some food with me and
tell them to wait until I eat :O(  I will go see my doc on Monday, but I've
asked many people about this, asked Sean, Dauna, etc, and nobody ever heard
of anything like this.  I've also looked all over the Net....nothing!
The fact that it happens when I eat and then goes away makes me think
something with maybe the salivary glands maybe?  I have no clue.  Would this
happen with the thyroid only when you eat?
Thanks for any help you may have!
Gina with her froggie neck :O(