[IP] Re: Philly cheesesteak

>>Does anyone have a good estimate of the carbs, fat &
protein in a typical
Philly Cheese Steak sub?  I'm heading to Philly in a few
weeks and dying to
try one of these delectables in its home town.<<

This could be a major challenge! It could depend on the size
of the roll. Typically, a 12 inch roll could have 10 cho
grams per inch, or 120 grams. The difficult part is that
some vendors scoop  out some of the inside dough to make
room for the meat, cheese, onions, peppers, etc. Count on
lots of protein and fat. I would recommend an "extended"  or
square wave bolus for at least 2/3 of the estimated grams.
You might ask the vendor for an estimate on the number of
ounces of meat and cheese, and guestimate.  Use the same
method you would use for 3 slices of meat and cheese pizza.
Of course, you coulld always choose a 6 inch roll. Don't
skip the onions, peppers, and mushrooms. At least you'll get
some beggies with that sandwich.  Enjoy!  Have a good hike
afterward. :<)

Maybe a few veteran PA cheesesteak pumping experts can chime
in with their experience.
I love these things, but rarely eat them. They like to stick
to my hips and I can't get them off.

Barbara A. Bradley, MS, RN, CDE