Re: [IP] Autoimmunity -- attn. Andrew

Natalie Said:
>Also how often do you see multiple auto-immune diseases in the same
>person, and if you already have one, how much does that raise your risk
>of getting another?

That would be me.  I have (in addition to DM) Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and
Addison's Disease.  When i was diagnosed with AD about five years ago, my
endo (at that time) said she was going to start watching me carefully to
catch any other autoimmune-related problems early on, so I imagine there is
a good chance that something else can crop up somewhere along the way.

If anyone's looking for info on other autoimmune-related diseases, there is
another list, similar to this one but bulletin board style, at
http://www.healinglight.com  There are several people on that list that are
DM (and a couple that use pumps!!)  Also, on that web page is a list of
other conditions cause by auto-immune dysfunction.

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted