[IP] re: taking a break?

Hi there,
When I need a pump break I usually substitute regular and humalog
"cocktails" for a pure H bolus. Instead of bolusing say 4 units of H for a
meal I will do three R and two Humalog.  The Regular lasts longer and acts
as my basal.  This will NOT work for everyone!!!  *YMMV*

As for night time I have no advice because I really hate NPH and so prefer
the pump.  I have gone a week not wearing a pump in the day time but keeping
my site so I can connect at night (changing site every two or three days of
Hope this is some help.
kindest regards,