[IP] JDRF website/ diabetes series

    Ok - I admit it - I'm playing "stage mother"! LOL...but if you click on  <A HREF="http://www.jdrf.org/">
JDRF</A> not only can you see JDRF's "new & improved" website, but on the left
hand side, you can click on the link next to my daughter's photo & see part 1
of the excellent 7 part series that appeared in our suburban newspaper last
fall, written by a woman who is herself the mom of a child with diabetes. The
subsequent 6 articles, each focusing on a different aspect of Life with
Diabetes, will be added soon.
    The first of the 3 featured articles on the left  side of the page is a
very extensive & thorough explanation of everything you ever wanted to know
about stem cells research; and the 3rd feature story is about the Ride to
Cure Diabetes, which is a bike ride through Death Valley!!
     There are also excellent links to school-related issues & resources on
the linked-page with Melissa's story.
     And speaking of photos of children, I had the pleasure once again of
seeing "our" own Spot (aka Andy Bender) at the Phila JDRF kickoff luncheon
for the Walk to Cure Diabetes.....and of also seeing photos of his 4
beautiful grandchildren!!....
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)