[IP] digestive enzyme

Jenn writes:

> From: "jspock @shore.net" <email @ redacted>
> I take Pancrease (or Ku-Zyme, same thing).  From what I was told, my
> pancreas doesn't make any more enzymes so I take a supplement every time I
> eat something.

and Joann writes

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] digestive enzyme
> Digestive enzymes are not necessarily used for gastropariesis, but can
help aid digestion if your pancreas does not produce enough of them. There
are some people, who do not have diabetes or gastroparesis, that are
required to take them for other reasons. There are also some people with
diabetes, who need them too. YMMV

What kind of test determines the need for these enzymes and who does it- an
endocrinologist or a gastroenterologist?

Denise Guerin
Type 1 47 years
Mnimed 507