[IP] Taking a Break?

SNIP>>>>Does anyone ever feel the need to take a break from the
pump? <<<<SNIP

Now, I would like to take a break from diabetes sometimes....but
from my pump, never, never once since the day I put it on.   The
Freedom of the pump, the huge reduction in stress from bgs out of
control....things are so easy on the pump.   That is my point of

Now, I have never had a child on a pump, I imagine there are many
parents who would give lots of money to take a long break from
being a caretaker, who might wish the kid would hurry up and grow
up and take care of himself, who might wish they just didn't have to
do so much and test in the middle of the night and worry while they
are at school, and so many things parents of diabetics go through
that I can't even imagine their not getting an occasional resentment
about it all.

My awe and amazement at the wonderful care that you parents of
D kids give your kids, seemingly with love and no resentments,
continually amazes and inspires me. Do you get a break when
they go to diabetic camps?   I certainly hope so.

Taking a break from my pump has never crossed my mind.  It is a
part of my life like shampooing my hair, brushing my teeth, putting
in my contacts. It is just part of my life, totally accepted and
grateful for it.  I am so grateful for Mr. MINIMED or whomever
invented the first pump and gave us all such a hopeful future
without complications (and I still go barefooted, drink an occasional
coke with peanuts, and can eat Godiva - a miracle).

My prayer in 3 years is that we can get back into stem cell
research to permanently fix my pancreas, my brother's alzheimers'
and my dad's severe arthritis along with killing off cancer cells,
etc....and so many other things.

I know I have a pollyannish attitude about life, and I was born
seeing good in everything, so my attitude is totally of gratitude for
having an opportunity to wear the pump and warding off the
complications of so many diabetics who came before us - BP -
(before pumps).

I do respect the feelings of anyone who does not have this
attitude....and I am sending them waves of my feelings to share
and lighten their load.

Sorry for the gooey mush, I guess, being Friday, I woke up a bit
overbearingly blissfull today.   But the feelings are all true for me.

PS Where is Sara Smarty Pants? The nuyawk nut?  I miss her!!