Re: [IP] taking a break?

--- Julie Britt <email @ redacted> wrote:
> Does anyone ever feel the need to take a break from
> the pump?

Sometimes when I'm meditating I like to take the pump
off for a little while, maybe an hour. I bolus the
basal amount before if I'm a little high or afterwards
if not. Personally, I think it's a lot of work to
remove the pump for long periods and pop Humalog every
4 hours and still control your BGs, but if that will
cure some of your present anxiety, figure out how to
do it, and DO IT! When I'm having a hard time with my
infusion sets my doctor always reminds me that I can
take a pump break any time I want. Some people never
feel the need - good for them, but however you feel
about it is just fine.
Good luck, and be careful!

Do You Yahoo!?