Re: [IP] taking a break?

>Does anyone ever feel the need to take a break from the pump?  I mean just
>for a day or 2 between changing sites just go on shots again.  Sometimes I
>just don't want to be connected. you know?  So, what do you do?  I only
>have a prescription for humalog, and wouldn't want to take any long acting
>anyways because it would linger in my system.  So that means a shot every
>4 hours.  How do you remind yourself to do that?  Is this safe?  If I go
>off the pump at all and switch to shots, even for less than a whole day, I
>feel like total crap and end up with high bgs and ketones.  There's got to
>be a way.  any ideas?

Stay on the pump and try to deal with the emotional aspect of why you want
to take a break.

90% of the time I don't even know I have it on or where my site is.  It's
just a part of me and a part of my daily life just as eating and taking
care of bodily functions.

Now if I could take a break from diabetes, a permanent one would be good,
Ahh then I may consider it.

I do hope you can figure out why you need to take that break.  When I had
to go off the pump the first time 20 years ago, I was devastated.