re:[IP] was Animas Question - now direct sun?

Congrats on the Ironman! I'm no where near that athletic, but enjoy playing a
lot of tennis, and being outside - walking, boating, biking, etc. When I got
my Animas pump, there was a caution to keep it out of direct sunlight. Do you
follow this "rule"? If so, how - especially when swimming, when I would not
want to use the leather case (which I don't like in general)? Most of the
time, I can keep my shirt over the pump, but not always and have been
wondering how critical it is.
Heather dx'd 9/90 & Righteous Babe, by my side since 4/01