Re: [IP] taking a break?

Julie,

I know how you feel. Every once in a while I will go off the pump for a few
hours and just cover with a few shots. The summer of 1999 I went off the
pump for about 4 months just to take a break and see how it was to be back
on shots. I got a temporary Rx for Lente and just used Humalog. My control
was ok but not great. It just wasn't the pump. Sure it was nice not to have
this thing on me 24/7 but after that summer I don't think that I will ever
do that again. The freedom the pump allows is just too good to give up. I
only had 2 instances of really big highs and never had a low.

You may want to give it a try for a short time and give the pump a rest.

Brian