Re: [IP] re: low carb diest, was new doc

That is what I had  always heard. Jared is type I, and this doc would prefer
to eliminate all carbs, fruits, and most veggies. I will not take it that
far, but Jared is really working to cut back on carbs, which we all need to
do at our  house, so I am going to  let him. The dr. did not insist, as a
matter of fact he told Jared he could do this if he was interested, and
wanted to. I don't know, it was all kind of weird. We are supposed to go
back in 6 weeks. I bought one of his books and will read it and see how the
lower carbs affect him during the 6 weeks and then decide. He is very
insulin resistant, so I know the lower carbs will allow him to take less
insulin which I feel will be better for him, but I do worry about too much
protein, so like I say we are just cutting back some, not going extreme
Julie, Mom to Jared 15, dx'd 5/99, pumping Disetronic Htron,
Hope 12, Mitchell 9
Elkmont, AL