Re: [IP] Good News

Hi Heather, congrats!!!

I am 8 months pregnant and had difficulty with high
sugars in the beginning.  I also started on the pump
two weeks before I found out I was pregnant, which
made things trickier.  My endo and I discovered that
the insulin was not being absorbed in my abdomen
because I would take correction bolusesby injection in
my thigh or arm and my sugar would come down.  When I
did the boluses in the abdomen nothing would happen.
My pump was actually at the highest basal rate the
pump could handle and I was only 2 months pregnant. I
now use my thigh and my sugars have been great with
the exception of occasional hormonal interference.

I am happy to say that my daughter weighs about 4 1/2
lbs. and is doing great.  About 5 months pregnant I
had a fetal echocardiogram(ultrasound of baby's
heart)and the neonatal cardiologist said her heart was
perfectly normal.  No evidence of my diabetes affected
the baby's heart.  My husband and I were so relieved.

Now I am on weekly non stress tests with biweekly ones
starting in 2 weeks.  Some days i have checked my
sugar 16 or more times!!  Pregnancy with diabetes is
rough, but I can't wait to meet the end result!!

Email me privately if you would like to compare notes
or just need someone who understands.  Good Luck!!

Ann-Marie (email @ redacted)
t1 dx'd 4/78, pumping 1/2001
awaiting the arrival of Lilly Ann (9/25/01)