RE:[IP] Animas Question

> We talked to our Diabetes Pump Educator
> and she basically said if we went with Animas she would not support us.  Of
> course she didn't say it in these words but that was the message we got.
> So, I am looking for some personal stories about Animas.

Jan and Danae,
   I am 33 years old and have now been on the Animas pump for 10
months.  I love it and would highly suggest it.  I have a three year old
daughter who was diagnosed with Type 1  early this year and I am
planning on putting her on the Animas pump later this year.  The
previous shows how much faith I have in the Animas pump and the service
that the Animas Co. gives.  Animas has  exchanged my pump because of new
software and a few other things already and I am very satisfied.  I
recently competed in an Ironman distance triathlon and the Animas pump
had no problem going for the long swim, bike and run combination.  I
truly believe that the Animas pump will fit a child very well,  the
waterproof feature followed by the very small basal and bolus dosages
are perfect for people taking small amounts of insulin.  The multiple
basal delivery programs are great as well.  Feel free to contact me if
you have any other questions about the Animas pump.
Dave Sieperda