Re: [IP] Animas Question

In a message dated 8/1/2001 9:40:58 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I know for a
> fact that my CDE is on commission for both of the
> above, and while she was very diplomatic in her
> comparison of the two pumps, Animas was never
> mentioned to me as an option.

I didn't realize that CDE's (who are employees of docs or clinics and not
regular employees of the pump companies) received commissions from pump
companies . . . I really have trouble with this (assuming it's true) and feel
that, at a minimum, they have a duty to disclose this fact to their patients
. . . I would certainly expect to be told that that there were monetary
considerations that could potentially be affecting the (presumably)
"objective medical advice" I was getting from my CDE (or even a doc)
regarding the selection of a pump that would best suit my needs . . .