[IP] Novolog in pumps versus mixing Humalog and Velosulin

My son had been using a 4:1 mix of Humalog and Velosulin for the past couple
years, in order to make his sites last three days.  This was true regardless
of which type of infusion site we used.  About a month ago, we switched to
straight Novolog.  The results have been fantastic.  His sites consistently
last five or six days, at which point we change them, even though they are
still working just fine.  With the Humalog/Velosulin mix, the first day on a
site would work too well, the second day would be very good, and on the
third day, his blood sugars would start rising rapidly until we changed the
site.  With straight Novolog, every day has been the same, from day one
through day six.  We expect his next A1C to show a significant improvement.

I am curious to see if anyone else has had similar results with Novolog.

- Richard (Dad to Paul almost 13, dx'd 10/97, pumping with Disetronic DTRON)