[IP] Re: Animas Question

My daughter, age 6, has been on the Animas pump since January.  We have had
a very positive experience both with our pump and also with the Animas
support people.  A local representative came to our house prior to my
daughter starting the pump and spent two hours going over the pump with us
and giving us hands-on instructions.  He also visited my daughter's school
and personally trained the school nurse, principal, secretary and her
teacher on the basics of the pump so that they would be familiar with it.

We love the fact that the Animas pump is waterproof.  We like that it is
very quiet.  My daughter loves the different colored pump covers that make
her pump more of an "accessory."  When she lost her pump cover at McDonalds
Animas Fed Expressed her a new one.  We also like the feature of smaller
doses for bolusing as my daughter is very insulin sensitive.

We did have our pump replaced in April when the volume stopped working so we
were unable to hear any alarms.  The pump was replaced overnight and we have
not had any problems since.

Best of luck to you in your decision making process!  Barb Dame