[IP] Re: new glucometer

My son is heading off to a private High School this fall (actually Aug 17th) and we need to get an extra glucometer to leave for him with the school nurse.  Any suggestions on a "cheaper" model that will be used only once at day at best?  He has an Accu-check right now that we like but it isn't cheap.  I just don't need one more item to all to my school shopping list right now! Kevin also has 2 middle school aged sisters so all of you parents can imagine the expense of starting school!
I would appreciate all suggestions.  Thanks.
Janet in Ohio