Re: [IP] More Glucowatch info.

In a message dated 8/1/2001 12:05:59 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It clearly stated in several spots that they were basing their
> data against Type 1 diabetics who only test their BGs 2 or fewer times per
> day.

This was the study on adults, right?
Because I know Sonia Cooper, who runs the Children with Diabetes Foundation,
that funded the glucowatch study ON KIDS that was recently concluded at the
Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes in Denver -- and I KNOW those kids
(including her son) were checking PLENTY of times per day (both pumpers and
non pumpers) . . . From what I've heard about the study with kids (which used
a lot of what they learned from the adult study about wearing the
glucowatches), the "first edition" of the glucowatches will be a wonderful
addition to our bag of tricks in managing diabetes, but that there are
already improvements scheduled for the 2nd & 3rd editions that will make them
even more useful . . .