RE: [IP] Completely Backward From What I Expected

Jenn wrote:

> Here's the bizarre part:  in *every instance*, without exception, my bs
> DROPPED between 50 to 75 points per meal.

Joann wrote:
<<<the probably explanation is that your pancreas is still producing
When you eat, you will then have a basal dose (Lantus) and your own post
dose which may be too much. >>>

I've seen some type 1's initially after diagnosis having the same situation,
where the basal dose is right (and some days it will work fine) while on
other days the pancreas does kick in and lowers BG "after a meal high in
The same scenario, a boy with type 1, in the week BEFORE diagnosis, who was
feeling bad, but after drinking a cup of orange juice he felt better, what
probably happened that the pancreas kinked in after the surge of carbs.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels email @ redacted
Friends With Diabetes - For Jewish people with Diabetes
Join our discussion list at