RE: [IP] Animas Question

To be fair,

Minimed had to recall the original 508 models that were produced before Dec.
1999 (i think) with certain model numbers due to a minor software glitch.  I
got mine in Nov. of 1999 and they replaced it in Mar. of 2000.  I have never
had a problem with either of the pumps that they have sent me.

As for Animas having a "long history of pump failure" I think that is very
misleading.  The Animas pumps have been on the market less then a year I
believe?  I find it hard to bite this as a "long history" if there are
problems.  In my experience almost all the problems with pumps have been
"user error" and not mechanical error.Are there any Animas pump wearers on
the list that have had problems?  I thought that we confirmed earlier in the
year that Animas did NOT have a recall and this was a bogus rumor?

-- Sherry