RE: [IP] Animas Question

Erin wrote:

> I think the reason why the Animas is discouraged by Jan's CDE
> (and mine, for
> that matter) is because Animas, from what I understand, has had a long
> history of pump failure.

I've not heard of Animas having a higher failure rate than either MiniMed or
Disetronic.  There was a hoax shortly after the Animas pump was approved
that, IIRC, spoke of a recall, but that was quickly debunked.  Besides -
Animas has been on the market for only about a year . . . hardly enough time
to develop a "long history" of failures.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR