[IP] Mixing Humalog with Regular in the pump

I heard from a friend that mixing Humalog with Regular insulin can help
sites last longer and can help prevent high's that occur after a site has
been in for 2 days.  Can some of you please enlighten me on the following:
    		+ Is this a common practice?
		+ How do you know for sure if you need to do this?
		+ How much Regular do you use - is there a formula?
		+ Any other info I should know about this?
Thanks for your info and advice in advance!

mom to Bryan (on pump since June 2001)
- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information