 I know it sounds weird about being able to use the Lantus as your only insuilin dose. My mother who has been a diabetic for 30+ years has ever since they came out with NPH she has been on 2 shots a day. Here surgars run great! I am beyond jealous! Some people are just affected differently than others I guess
David Bellman, MM508 (Rex) since 7/17/01
  email @ redacted wrote: Jenn,

I have to agree with Kathy here. Lantus delivers a basal dose of insulin, so
the probably explanation is that your pancreas is still producing insulin,
When you eat, you will then have a basal dose (Lantus) and your own post meal
dose which may be too much. I am also assuming that you are not a type 2 on
oral meds, and that you do not have gastroparesis.....or a malfunctioning
meter.
Does your doctor know this btw?

Good luck.

Joann,