[IP] Animas Question

My daughter is 5, almost 6 and we are looking into which pump would be right
for her.  We like the features on the Animas.  She takes a small amount of
insulin and we like the fact that it gives small doses (.01) and is
waterproof.  Our indo had told us about the problems they had with their
Animas pumps earlier in the year.  We talked to our Diabetes Pump Educator
and she basically said if we went with Animas she would not support us.  Of
course she didn't say it in these words but that was the message we got.
So, I am looking for some personal stories about Animas.  We have talked to
the Rep, but now we would like to hear from people that have the Animas or
used to have the Animas pump.  Have you had any problems?  What problems did
you have?  They said they replaced all their pumps in the spring of this
year.  Our Pump Educator was most interested in the Mini Med.  We like that
they are coming out with a water proof version soon, but it doesn't give as
small of doses as the Animas.  The D-tron is OK, but seems kind of big for a
small child.

Any help would be appreciated.  I don't know about changing Educators as was
suggested in a previous post.  We really like our Endo and the Educator
works there in the Endo office.  We do plan to talk to the Dr. about this
before we decide.  But we are ready to decide so we can get the process
started.  My daughter is ready to get her pump.  She has even started taking
her shots in her tummy to get ready!

Thank you,
Jan (& Bryan) in Charlotte, NC
Mom to Danae age 5 dx 9/00, Caleb 8yo, Grace Ann 10 months