[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #326

I have to agree with Kathy here. Lantus delivers a basal dose of insulin, so
the probably explanation is that your pancreas is still producing insulin,
When you eat, you will then have a basal dose (Lantus) and your own post meal
dose which may be too much. I am also assuming that you are not a type 2 on
oral meds, and that you do not have gastroparesis.....or a malfunctioning
Does your doctor know this btw?

Good luck.

Mom to Cara,
Type 1 since 2/14/97