Re: [IP] More Glucowatch info.

At 02:02 AM 8/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I just read most of this study and I have to tell you that this is TRULY a
>biased study.  It clearly stated in several spots that they were basing their
>data against Type 1 diabetics who only test their BGs 2 or fewer times per
>day.  Now, I don't know about all of you but even on MDI Josh was being
>tested WAY more than just 1-2 days each day.  As a matter of fact I really
>have never heard of a type 1 only checking this few times each day.

Sure. Testing testing seldomly is VERY VERY possible. In fact if you are
not on an intensive thearpy where you are taking  insulin for each meal
(but instead taking only a fix  amount daily) then the issue easily becomes
one of "why bother ..." You are not using the numbers for anything but
guilt and after the fact second-guessing  anyway so why bother.

In fact you can go for a long time like this until the consequences
catch-up with you. So the study may not be biased - it may just address a
situation that you are not involved with.