[IP] new Doc

Well, we just had a visit with our new Diab. doc today, and I am not sure
how it went. He is a  diab. himself, and has written two books, "A Diabetic
Doctor looks at Diabetes" and "The Diabetic Man". He  is very into low to
no carbs, diet, exercise, supplements, and Dr. Bernsteins work. I felt like
he was a salesman half the time. He kept telling us about his book and how
they had them there and I might want to pick one up, etc.
He also mentioned that Jared was insulin resistant and a low carb diet would
help cut down on his insulin needs. I agree we need to cut down, but not cut
out carbs. We have a list of foods to avoid and foods to eat, so we are
going to try it and see in 6  weeks what we have accomplished.
On the positive side, Jared said the doc. was ok. As many of you know I have
been trying to find a doc that he would work with. He is compliant now, but
at 15, I realize in just a few short years  he may not, and he will be  on
his own to make decisions all by  himself and I want him to have a good
relationship with a doc before  then.
We'll see how this new diet thing goes.
Oh, he also suggested a couple of supplements, including cod liver oil.
Julie, Mom to Jared 15, dx'd 5/99, pumping Disetronic Htron,
Hope 12, Mitchell 9
Elkmont, AL