[IP] Re: Latest A1C "Yippee"

Good for you! Your situation gives me a lot of encouragement! My
10yo's A1C has gone up since starting the pump 11/30/99, not by
much (it has gone from 8.1 to 8.8), but enough to where we are
needing to do some basal testing and tweaking, etc. We thought
the first pumping A1C was only higher due to a (mandatory) change
in labs (different military hospitals) but the others have all
been higher as well, so there is obviously more to it than that.
Hopefully the next A1C will be at least a little better.

I have a friend whose 8(almost 9)yo son started pumping 3wks
after my daughter (same dr) and his A1C went up as well. Because
of that and having some site sticking problems (they had finally
resolved - I had given them info from here and tried to get them
to join IP) and being tired of all the pump paraphernalia and
work involved, etc, they recently decided to go back to MDI
(until December, tentatively.) I always tell them of any
encouraging stories I come across, so I will relay your story to
them. It helps to know we are not the only ones. :)

CJ Jutras said:
Hi Everyone,    Just had to take a few minutes to fill you in on
my Gooddddddd news!!

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children) due 4/12
"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today." Cherokee proverb