[IP] how would pump know

> email @ redacted writes:
> <<  Have you
>  tried to get U-500?  That way the volume of your dosages would be
>  cut to 1/5 of their present level.   I don't know if present pumps have
>  a software override to accomodate U-500, but that could be a wish >>
> George, how would a pump know which strength insulin it had in it?
> Jan and Elvis

Since my 507C manual is downstairs and I don't want to go there, I believe
the insulin strength is programmed into the pump. I think it can be set for
u80 or u100. Perhaps the factory could set it for u500 so conversions are
unnecessary. Can anyone grab their manual and correct me?
(61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM 507C 3/99)