Re: [IP] Re: insurance question

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 email @ redacted wrote:

> I've been fighting with BCBS for years now.  They even denied a claim from
> the emergency room.  I was admitted to the ICU that night, after arriving at
> the hospital with a bs of 12, given D50 three times, and still kept going
> low.  They said it was not an emergency.  Now if I need to make an ER visit,
> I have to get a referral from my primary care Doc.  Last time it took 6 hours
> for the Doc to call me back.  Does anyone else have to do this?

That is pure B...S... and is outside the written contract. They are
obligated under the terms of their agreement with you to provide emerengy
services when and where necessary. Apeal, and if you still have a
problem, take this one to the insurance commissioner. Also discuss it
with the BS/BC medical director's office.