[IP] xrays and pumps

In June we visited Washington D. C.  Everywhere we went they had some kind
x-ray machine.  We didn't have Amanda go through them with her pump, the
guards used their wands.  Was this the right thing to do or were we going
overboard with concern??

Amanda's mom
age 7     dx 4/97    pumping 7/99
Most of those walk thru thingies are not x-ray machines but magnatometers
which send a magnetic pulse thru you and see if they get one back meaning
metal is in the loop. i don't think even the Feds would find th chutzpa
(gall) to send ionizing radiation thru us without a notice. Even most new
pacemakers do not switch when we with pacemakers walk thru them. Your pump
is safe and has so little ferrous metal in it they don't detect it. When I
get patted down I just show them my pump id card or take it off my belt and
show them. Sot and Christine, bionic partners