Re: [IP] Re: insurance question

JBarrow wrote:

>>On another note, I had a long
discussion awhile back (over a year) with a BCBS employee about why my claim
for test strips was denied.  She said I had to buy them from a participating
pharmacy.  Anyway, after going over and over with her about this, she
finally asked a supervisor who asked his/her supervisor, and they said no,
you can buy them anywhere.  Point of story, the first person you talk to
doesn't always know what they are talking about.  Remember the movie The
Rainmaker.  Keep pestering them and they'll get it right eventually.<<

This is very true with BC/BS in any state.  I just received a statement from
them saying that the Urgent Care Center I went to (which they referred me
to) was Non-Participating and I had to pay the cost which would then be
applied to my deductible.  Well, I know other people with BC who have used
this Urgent Care Center with no problems, so I called BC/BS.  The lady I
spoke with at first said that the Care Center was showing up as Non-PPO
Participating.  So I told her that they were the ones who referred me to
this Center because they told me it was participating.  She put me on hold
for a few minutes and came back and told me that they were in fact
Participating and she would put the claim back through.  So... the point
here is never to take "no" for an answer when it comes to insurance.  Fight
for what you want and need.  They don't care whether they pay your claim or
not, they don't care if they've made a mistake and they're not going to
check it.  It's up to you to keep them doing their jobs properly.

RoseLea and Max...