Re: [IP] Re: Administrative procedures, students using insulin pumps

In a message dated 8/30/00 9:58:48 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:
< Their procedure reads as follows:
 >"Glucose testing will not be permitted at the student's desk. All testing
 >must be completed away from other students in order to prohibit the
<of  blood contamination and/or blood splattering of other students".

It is obvious that whoever writes these silly regulations has never
actually watched a BG test and has let their imagination run wild. Unless
someone has developed some major arteries in their fingertips, a major
splatter is hard to imagine. I've been blood testing for almost as long as
home BG tests have been available... never splattered anyone yet.

It sounds like another school district running scared, until someone's
lawyer or court sets them straight.