[IP] Supplies fromTricare mail order Pharmacy

For those of us on the list that use Tricare I thought this might interest
you.  I was recently at the mail order pharmacy web site that lists covered
drugs in the program.  This program is for drugs for chronic conditions and
diabetes supplies.  I emailed them asking them to review and maybe place
insulin pump supplies in this program.  If approved this would mean that we
Tricare users could get a 90 day supply of infusion sets for $4.00 (the cost
of shipping).  Or $4.00 for any prescription like batteries.  I am including
the email address I wrote to and the reply message I got .  I think that if
we get enough people to ask for this we could be saving some big bucks in
the long run.  I got my reply in about 2 days I think.

Send you email request to:    email @ redacted

Email Received from DoD:

Your request will be forwarded to the DoD committee responsible for NMOP
Formulary decisions -- for consideration at its next quarterly meeting.  The
staff responsible for the committee's agenda items will review the request
and determine if the committee has the authority to make a decision on
non-drug items.  Note:  the NMOP was created for providing maintenance
medications to eligible DoD beneficiaries; CHAMPUS/TRICARE law/regulations
provide coverage authority for a handful of non-medication products, i.e.
alcohol swabs, insulin syringes and glucose test strips.  I assume that
legal counsel will be utilized in reviewing your request.
Mickey Bellemin