[IP] propulsid again

My doc and pharmacy will not. I don't think because they can, they
will, when there are publicized problems with any medication. Which is
why I was wondering what would be available for those who could not take
it. Although I do not, many dm'ers do have cardiac problems, and so
cannot take propulsid.

The problem is not with propulsid but with other drugs you migjht take with
propulsid such as erythromycin, Biaxin, Zithromax and other drugs which
inhibit the drug destruction pathway "p450" allowing high concentrations of
these p450 drugs like propulsid to build up. If you foreswear the use of
these drugs and tell your doctors you take propulsid you won't have a
problem. Doctors are so wary of potential law suits because a look at the
average newspaper contains ads Like "If you ever took Rezulin or Propulsid
call the slimy toad law offices of Jack Unctious We can get you money" (and
my dau is a lawyer too). So no wonder docs and pharmacists don't want to
touch it. You can take it, your doc has to write a compassionate use letter
and you need to be careful about any other drugs you take. Spot and Christine
A Bender, M. D.