[IP] :IP] Re: pump names

> > What is your pumps name and why (don't forget the why part).

My pump's name is Mamie as in an old French love song "Ah oui j'ai le coeur
a mon aise d'avoir Mamie aupres de moi. De temps en temps je la regarde en
lui disant Belle embrasse moi."

I sang that song at a French Canadian girl guide camp in 1954 a few weeks
before I slipped into a diabetic coma.  When I got my pump two years ago,
that song came back to me and so Mamie it was.

Translation of song: Oh yes my heart is at ease when I have Mamie at my
side. From time to time I look down at her and say  My Pretty One, Give me a

I also see the word Mamie as a contraction of mom amie (my friend) and my
pump is definitely my best friend!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 46 years