[IP] Re: Propulsid for Gastroparesis

> Jack -
> I don't think your information is quite correct.

I had told my doctor that the original article said that it would be
available for compassinate use (as posted earlier in this thread) and he
had told me he would not prescribe it until he got the clearance from
the gastro doc at his clinic.  My pharmacist also told me that he could
not order it and could only try and find other Rite-Aids that still had

It is not available to me

> My understanding is
> that Propulsid is still being manufactured, but that it is no longer
> being dispensed for routine treatment of gastroparesis because of
> certain cardiac contraindications.  (It is, however, still being
> marketed for gastroparesis in Europe.  Don't know about Canada.)

> If your doctor feels that you are not likely to suffer those
> contraindications, he can still prescribe it for your gastroparesis.
> doctor does, and my pharmacy still supplies it to me based on his Rx.

My doc and pharmacy will not.  I don't think because they can, they
will, when there are publicized problems with any medication.  Which is
why I was wondering what would be available for those who could not take
it.  Although I do not, many dm'ers do have cardiac problems, and so
cannot take propulsid.

> There is still nothing better, apparently.

Others have posted that domperidone will be a better replacement, when
it's available, which I will try to get.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
If money is the root of all evil, why do churches want it so bad?