[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #440

My name is Sharon Garner.  I became a Diabetic at age 24.  I was a single
mom of two small boys and a full-time college student and I worked hard at
both.  I was determined to be independent.  I was so into what I was doing
that I didn't pay any attention to my health.  In the beginning I weighed in
at 200 lb..  I started losing weight real fast and had to take water with me
everywhere I went.  I was diagnosed on my birthday, Jan 19, 1990.  My dr.
said that my immune system was so low that a silent virus came through and
destroyed my beta cells.  Soon after I developed thyroid disease.  Today, I
have Diabetes, Thyroid Disease, High Blood Pressure, Allergies,Arthritis and
Acid Reflux disease.  I'm on about 10 different medications plus the pump as
of August 14.  My dr.s told me that I had a different kind of Diabetes sort
of like Adult Onset, Juvenile Diabetes...
I am interested in any study pertaining to Auto-immune deficiency.
Sharon Garner