[IP] MM & static

Lisa wrote:
> <He asked if I wanted to try it. I said no, because I remebered I had read
> something about static and the pump. > Lisa R. Surles-Law posted 8/25

Lisa and other *newbies*,
September is coming around the corner - and that means, heating season will
be here shortly! (And it was just *yesterday* we were concerned about
Y2K!!!). But I was told by a MiniMed Tech years ago to keep a used fabric
softener sheet (I cut them in 1/3's) in my pump bag to absorb that static
electricity. Sliding onto a car seat, walking across carpeting, clothes from
a dryer, and many things build up S.E. in us. The Tech also told me that
when the Santa Ana winds start, all the techs (the ALL wear pumps) are
instructed to touch something metal before touching their pumps in order to
release the build-up in their bodies. I live in north central Indiana where
it's pretty dry during heating season. YMMV ܰ

BTW, I've been using a MiniMed pump (2) since '92 and am satisfied with
their service.