[IP] pump names

For seven years, I resisted naming the inanimate piece of equipment that I
keep in its leather case 98% of the time, and that has NEVER suffered static
shock or inadvertendtly had its door knocked open or its screen cracked or
any of the other tragedies that befall caseless pumps

But under peer pressure...I named him prrreeeeeesssshhhhhhuuusssss, pronouced
the way Gollum from The Hohbbit schhhhhaid   pressscccchhhhhhhuuussss

and its a he...

Why the hell NOT?