[IP] Fastake reliability?

Hi Everyone,

i had an episode a month or 2 ago where my Fastake said that my BG
was very high (300, if I recall). I gave myself the appropriate bolus
of insulin and re-checked an hour and 20 minutes later. It was down
to about 30 and I spent the next 3 hours (late at night, of course)
trying to keep my BG above 50.

I mentioned it to my doctor, who uses the Fastake, and he hasn't had
any such problems, nor had he heard from anyone who had.

Well, tonight, I had the same darn thing happen. I checked my BG at
at 5:15 and it said 375. I washed my hands, re-checked, and it said
380, so I gave the appropriate bolus, plus my usual dinner bolus plus
1 unit. I went ahead and ate at 5:30 (I know, I know, but I was
starving and I ate my salmon first) and then I re-checked at 6 p.m.
my meter said 109! I washed my hands, re-checked and it said 110.

Is it possible to drop 270 points in 45 minutes?

I did a check (the little bottle of testing stuff) and it fell within
the parameters on the strip vial. I figure I'll put in a call to
LifeScan, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
I've sent my husband out for Snickers bars so I can at least get
something good out of this episode. Last time I consumed about 25 oz.
of o.j. along with various other items. I thought I was going to
throw up before my BG rose above 50.

TIA for any info.

Jenny Nash
email @ redacted
Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.