Re: [IP] Backpacking trip

We also just returned from a wilderness backpacking trip to Isle Royale.  No
phones, accessible only by ferry or seaplane, etc.  You are pretty much on
your own especially this time of year with only a few rangers for the entire
island.  My 14 year old daughter hiked 7 miles a day on tough roots and rocks
trails with 50 pounds on her back.  She put the pump in her cleavage or lower
on the abdomen and had no problems.  Of course her basels and boluses were
lowered.  Supplies in 3 different backpacks.  Always hiked with a parent
close by.  She did just fine.  Really much better with a pump.  This type of
thing builds confidence in all teenagers; especially diabetic ones.