[IP] Re: Pneumonia Vaccine

Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:43:41 -0400
From: "John Kinsley" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: Pneumonia Vaccine
If you were <65 years of age when receiving the pneumonia vaccine, and it
has been more than 5 years since being vaccinated, then a one time
revaccination is recommended after age 64 years.  Other possible reasons for
repeat vaccinations in diabetics are nephrotic syndrome, chronic renal
disease, and post organ transplantation or other immunocompromised states.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 -  6/9/98

I received the shot one and a half years ago.  Are you saying that I need to
be revaccinated in five years ?  I am now 60 1/2 years old but do not have
the immunocompromised states you mention.  Where can I get more info on
Denise Guerin
Type 1 46 years