[IP] Re: Pneumonia Vaccine

Denise Guerin wrote:

> ...........<snip>........  He suggested the pneumonia vaccine since
> pneumonia was more dangerous anyways and it only involved one shot for a
> lifetime of protection.  Fortunately I did not react to the pneumonia
> vaccine. .........<snip>

If you were <65 years of age when receiving the pneumonia vaccine, and it
has been more than 5 years since being vaccinated, then a one time
revaccination is recommended after age 64 years.  Other possible reasons for
repeat vaccinations in diabetics are nephrotic syndrome, chronic renal
disease, and post organ transplantation or other immunocompromised states.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 -  6/9/98